Zoodles with Crunchy Chickpeas and Tahini
2 medium/large sized zucchini, spiralized
• 1 can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and pat dry (remove any loose shells too)
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1 tablespoon veggie broth (or high-heat oil)
• 1-2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional but I like the cheesiness!)
• sea salt & black pepper to taste
• ¼ cup tahini
• ¼ cup water
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
•1 clove garlic, minced
• pinch of sea salt
• 2 cups chopped kale
• 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
• 3-4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Add spices, veggie broth, and chickpeas to a mixing bowl. Stir until chickpeas are well coated, then transfer to the baking tray. Roast for about 40 minutes, checking + stirring every 10-15 mins. Keep an close eye on your chickpeas so that they don't burn! Then, turn off the oven and leave chickpeas in for an additional 10 minutes. After that, take the tray out of the oven to let cool.
3. While chickpeas are cooking, make the tahini sauce! I simply added the ingredients to a Nutribullet at blended until I got a saucy consistency. Pretty sure this would work in a food processor as well.
4. Now that the zucchini is spiralized, the tahini sauce is made, and the chickpeas are nice n crunchy, add zucchini and chickpeas to a large mixing bowl, and pour as much tahini on as your heart desires. I also topped my bowl with hemp hearts, kale, and pumpkin seeds!