Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower
With a combo like cauliflower and turmeric, you really can't go wrong. Turmeric has been known for centuries for its anti-inflammatory properties and vibrant color. For both of these reasons and many more, it's one of my favorite spices! Make this dish for an appetizer, delicious veggie bowl, or snack, and you'll be golden!
• 1 head cauliflower
• ½ yellow or white onion
• ¼ cup vegetable broth
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
• 1 teaspoon turmeric
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• ½ teaspoon curry powder
• ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
• ¼ teaspoon coriander
• ¼ teaspoon sea salt (add more, to taste)
• freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
• 1 teaspoon coriander pods (great to add to the spice mix if you have 'em)
• 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (nice for garnish)
• juice of ½ small lemon (also nice for garnish)
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. On the stovetop, heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in cast iron skillet on medium high.
2. Add chopped onion and 2 cloves minced garlic. Sauté until onion caramelizes and begins to brown (should take a few minutes).
3. Next, add cauliflower florets and veggie broth. Cover skillet with a lid (you could use a large plate as well) so cauliflower can cook down. After about 5-7 minutes, add in spices and toss cauliflower with tongs. Cover again. By 15 minutes or so your cauliflower should be looking pretty golden and have a nice char!
4. At this point, simply take the cast iron skillet and place in the oven for 10 minutes to further crisp things up.
5. Take cauliflower out of the oven, toss with lemon juice and cilantro, and dig in to this golden glory!