Sunbutter Zucchini Blondies
Hi everyone! I am so excited to share this recipe that I created in partnership with SunButter! For those of you who don’t know, SunButter is a delicious, nut-free butter, made with - you guessed it - sunflower seeds! I use it on toast, oatmeal, yogurt, veggie bowls, etc. It’s also fabulous when paired with chocolate chips, cinnamon, and zucchini. These bars certainly won’t last long in your kitchen...they're going fast in mine already! Recipe makes about 9 large bars, 12 smaller. :)
• 1 cup gluten-free oat flour (you can simply blend 1 cup rolled oats into flour)
• ¼ cup brown rice flour (or other gluten-free flour)
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
• 6-8 tablespoons coconut sugar
• 1-2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• ½ cup zucchini(about 1 small), grated and squeezed dry
• ½ cup SunButter, unsweetened (I use this one)
• ⅓ cup applesauce, unsweetened
• ¼ cup almond milk, unsweetened (for nut-free option, you could use oat milk!)
• 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degress F, and lightly spray/grease an 8x8 pyrex baking dish with coconut oil. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients (except for zucchini). In a separate smaller bowl, add wet ingredients and whisk briefly. Pour wet ingredients into dry, and then fold in the zucchini*.
Note: Be sure to 'dry' the zucchini as much as possible before adding it to the batter! After grating, I press the zucchini between thick paper towels so most of the moisture comes out.
3. Pour blondie batter into baking dish, making sure to evenly spread batter with a spatula. Gently press in some extra chocolate chips at this point if you're like me.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes, depending on your preference of 'doneness'. I personally like these bars on the gooey side, so check at the 25 min mark! Let cool for at least 10-15 minutes before slicing.
5. Serve as is, or with extra SunButter on top, ice cream, chocolate, the options are endless! <3