Parsley & Parsnip Stuffed Mushrooms
Looking for a mesmerizing vegan appetizer for the holidays? I gotchu covered with these stuffed mushrooms! Seriously may have nearly eaten a whole batch while recipe testing. Makes about 36 stuffed mushrooms.
• 3 8oz boxes crimini mushrooms, stems removed, washed & pat dry
• 2 cups parsnips, roughly chopped
• 2-3 tablespoons dairy-free cream cheese (optional, but AMAZING - I use this brand)
• ¼ cup nutritional yeast
• 1½ cups dino kale, chopped
• 1 yellow onion, diced
• 5-6 celery stalks, chopped
• 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
• 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
• ⅛ teaspoon dried sage
• ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
• salt & pepper to taste
• 2 tablespoons almond meal (can sub for almond flour)
• 1 tablespoon flax meal
• 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
• sea salt & black pepper, to taste
• 2 tablespoons walnuts, ground (optional but so yummy!)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add onion, celery, garlic, spices, kale, and nutritional yeast to a high-speed blender. Blend on medium high until you have finely ground mixture.
3. Add 1 tablespoon veggie broth (or oil) to a non-stick skillet and and heat on medium high. Pour mixture into the skillet, then reuse blender to finely process the parsnips. Once parsnips are finely ground (should take a few seconds), add into the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes. Stir in the cream cheese last, adding salt & pepper to taste as well.
4. In a small mixing bowl, add nutritional yeast, flax meal, almond meal, walnuts, and salt & pepper.
5. Spoon skillet filling into mushroom caps and arrange on the baking sheet, cap side up. Sprinkle copious amounts of dry topping over each mushroom. Bake for about 25 minutes, until mushrooms are fully cooked and tops are golden brown. Take mushrooms out of the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve warm and enjoyyy!!