probiotic smoothie bowl
I think it goes without saying that I’m V into all things gut health. With my history of chronic illness / autoimmunity, it’s especially important for me to have a high quality probiotic in the supplement mix! Enter Just Thrive - a spore based, hypoallergenic, shelf-stable, and antioxidant producing probiotic!
I’ve been taking just thrive for a little over 3 months now, and because of how much i’ve enjoyed it, I wanted to share this fun recipe with you! Before you ask - YES, Just Thrive is created to withstand the temps of smoothies, baked goods, and oatmeal. Pretty unique and cool for a probiotic if you ask me. For 15% off your Just Thrive order, you can use code ‘visualveggie’ at checkout! Recipe serves 2.
Probiotic smoothie bowl
• 2 frozen bananas
• ½ cup chopped strawberries
• ½ cup fresh or frozen raspberries
• ¼ cup shredded coconut
• 1½ cups non-dairy milk (i use hemp or almond)
• 2 Just Thrive probiotic capsules
• 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
• 1 cup raw cashews
• ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
• 3 tablespoon maple syrup
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
• 2 pinches sea salt
Smoothie toppings (optional)
• chopped kiwi
• chopped strawberries
• shredded coconut
• turmeric cashews
1. Add all fruit and almond milk to a high speed blender. Blend on high.
2. Next, add in 2 scoops vanilla protein powder. Then, carefully separate 2 probiotic capsules and add contents to blender. Discard capsule. Blend, blend blend!
3. Pour smoothie in two bowls, and place in freezer while you make the turmeric cashews (if you’re not making, simply skip to step 5 !).
4. In a small mixing bowl, add 1 cup raw cashews, turmeric, cinnamon, maple syrup, and sea salt. Mix bowl ingredients until cashews are nicely coated in spices.
5. In a large cast iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil on medium low. Add cashew mixture to cast iron, and sauté for a few minutes, until cashews begin to turn a nice golden brown. Remove from heat, and let cool for about 3-5 minutes.
6. Top your smoothie bowls with any fruit, nuts, or other fixins (if you so desire) and enjoy! :)
*NOTE: The turmeric cashews are an amazing snack on their own, or go great with yogurt, pancakes, waffles, sweet potato toasts, ETC!