Chances are you’ve seen me make this oatmeal too many times if you follow my stories on Instagram. Believe it or not, even with three cups of spinach, YA CAN’T TASTE IT (and this is coming from someone who loves the taste of greens). In fact, I’ve been able to convert a few veggie naysayers with this oatmeal. I don't know about you guys, but I try to get greens in all of my meals, so this is a super fun way to sneak them into breakfast during the colder months. Recipe makes 2 servings - for a personal serving, just cut it in half. :)
• 1 cup gluten-free, old-fashioned rolled oats
• 3-4 cups almond milk or water (you can also do half & half)
• ¼ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
• 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (optional - i like to add my sweetener on top)
• ANY nut butter - cashew, almond, etc!
• Maple syrup/coconut nectar
• Fresh fruit (love berries with this)
• Dried mulberries, goji berries...
• Pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut, the list can go on forever!
1. Blend spinach with almond milk/water, then pour into a saucepan with oats, hemp seeds, cinnamon, coconut sugar, and shredded coconut.
2. Cook on stovetop at medium heat until oats have fully absorbed liquid. For fluffier oats, you can cook them for up to 15 mins, just keep adding more liquid by 1/4 cup. Top with fruit, nut butter (all the fixins) and enjoy!