Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
This pasta is a simple dish that will surely satisfy your tummy, and impress others in the process! The sauce has a delightful smokey flavor from the roasted peppers, and is super creamy. I had this for lunch and dinner the first time I made it - and can't wait to make it again already! Recipe makes 4 large servings.
• 1 package gluten-free pasta (I used spaghetti)
Red Pepper Sauce:
• 2 red bell peppers, cored and sliced
• 4 cloves garlic
• 1¼ cup almond milk, unsweetened
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• ¼ cup nutritional yeast
• ¼ teaspoon ground chili pepper (+more to taste if you like spice like me!)
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (sub with veggie broth for oil-free option)
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• sea salt + black pepper to taste
• fresh basil
• fresh parsley
• non-dairy cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, toss sliced bell peppers and garlic cloves in a couple tablespoons veggie both (or water), then transfer to parchment paper. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until peppers have a bit of char on the sides.
2. While peppers are roasting, cook the pasta! I followed the instructions on the package. Drain pasta when ready, and set aside in a colander.
3. Once the red peppers are finished roasting, transfer peppers, garlic, spices, almond milk, and other sauce ingredients to a high speed blender. Blend on medium until peppers have fully broken down into a creamy sauce. Season with salt, pepper, and chili powder to taste here - I tend to use less salt and more chili pepper.
4. Transfer cooked pasta to a large dish, and pour on the sauce! Because the bell peppers were recently roasted, the sauce should be nice and warm already. If you want to heat it up in a skillet and then add the pasta, that's another option too. This recipe makes a perfect amount of sauce for 1 box of pasta (if you're like me and like it saucy).
5. Garnish with fresh parsley, basil, peppers, salt, pepper, and/or dairy-free cheese and enjoy WARM! yumm.