Raw Lemon Coconut Tartlets
Hi guys! I was in the mood for something simple and sweet, so naturally I turned to making a raw dessert. These tartlets are super easy- no baking required, and they look adorable too! Toppings can vary as you like. Makes about 8-10 tartlets.
• 10 medjool dates, pitted and soaked briefly in boiled water (then drained)
• ½ cup almond meal
• ¼ cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
• ¼ cup raw cashews
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• couple pinches of sea salt
• ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk yogurt (i use so delicious' brand)
• 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon coconut nectar (can sub with maple syrup, but probably will change taste)
• handful of blueberries, raspberries
• freshly grated lemon zest
• extra shredded coconut (unsweetened)
1. In a food processor, blend medjool dates, cashews, almond meal, shredded coconut, and spices until finely ground into a sticky paste.
2. In a muffin tray, cut out 10 or so circles of parchment paper to coat bottom of muffin pan (this will help get the crust out after it's been frozen).
3. Take about a tablespoon of the crust mixture, and press it firmly onto the muffin pan. Repeat this 10 or so times, until there is no more crust. Make sure the crust is thick enough that it has clear, thick edges (to catch the yogurt from pouring out later!).
4. Place muffin tray with crusts in freezer for about an hour.
5. In a small bowl, mix coconut yogurt, fresh lemon juice, and coconut nectar.
6. Once crusts have been frozen, take out and slowly remove from muffin tray - you may need to use a knife around the edges to pop them out!
7. With a spoon, gently dollop yogurt into the mini crusts.
8. Top with lemon zest, shredded coconut, and/or fruit toppings of choice! Yum.