Raw Funfetti Bars
Looking for a healthy, easy treat to satisfy your sweet tooth? I gotchu covered with these no bake vegan cheesecake bars. The ingredients are easy peasy (cashews, shredded coconut, lemon, dates, etc) and the best part? ALL YA GOTTA DO is throw the ingredients in a food processor, then in the freezer to set! Highly recommend adding some frozen berries for a ‘funfetti’ effect.
• ¾ cup almond meal
• 8-10 dates, pitted, soaked in boiling water for a few minutes, and drained
• ½ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
• 2 tablespoons coconut flour
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or water for oil-free option)
• ½ teaspoon cinnamon
• pinch of sea salt
• 2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water overnight (or 6-8 hours) and drained
• ⅔ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
• 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon lemon zest
• 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
• ¼ cup almond milk, unsweetened (cashew or coconut milk could work too)
• 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup or coconut nectar (I personally like my desserts less sweet)
• ¼ cup frozen blueberries (optional)
• ¼ frozen raspberries, crushed (optional)
• Extra berries
• Pearl butter drizzle (use VISUALVEG for 20% off!)
1. Line a 8x8 pyrex pan with parchment paper, and set aside.
2. In a food processor, add all crust ingredients and pulse for a few minutes, until sticky. Add crust to the pyrex, firmly pressing onto the parchment paper. Place in freezer, and start making the filling!
3. Quickly wash out the food processor, and reuse to make the filling. Add all filling ingredients (except the raspberries & blueberries), and pulse for 5 or so minutes. Mixture should be creamy at this point - if there are still a few lumps, add a few tablespoons more almond milk and pulse again.
**Depending on how long you soaked the cashews, you may need to add a couple more tablespoons of almond milk until mixture is fully blended. Also, if you don't have a food processor, a high speed blender MAY work for this. I haven't tried it myself, but if you do and it works, please let me know!
4. Take the pyrex out of the freezer and add a layer of frozen blueberries and raspberries (if you want the 'funfetti' effect! Then, using a spatula spread the cheesecake mixture over the berries. The mixture should be thick, but still spreadable.
5. Place the pyrex in freezer for 1-2 hours and/or overnight. If you're overeager for sweets (like me) choose the first option. They have much more of a cheesecake like texture this way. ;)
6. Once bars are out of the freezer, leave out for about 45mins - 1hr, slice into bars, and enjoy the delicious creamy goodness. If you need to leave them in overnight, I would allow them to defrost in the fridge for 3-4 hours as they will be pretty firm at first!
PROTIP: If you froze the bars for a long time and are in a rush for them to defrost, pop 'em in the microwave for 5-10 seconds. This'll make them nice and creamy again!