Pistachio & Raspberry Bliss Bites
These beautiful balls of flavor were created on a whim after buying a big bag of raw pistachios, and I am so happy to finally share the recipe! The addition of cardamom was inspired by my current Netflix obsession: The Great British Baking Show, where the contestants seem to use cardamom in EVERYTHING! I personally love the addition of spices, but if you're nervous about the flavor, I would use a little less than I recommend. Makes 10-12 bliss bites.
• 1 cup raw pistachios, no shell
• ½ cup raw cashews
• ½ cup shredded coconut
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
• ⅓ cup freeze-dried raspberries
• 1½ - 2 tablespoons maple syrup (can also sub with honey or coconut nectar)
• juice of ½ lime
1. Add all ingredients (except the raspberries) in food processor and pulse for a few minutes until a sticky dough forms. Add in raspberries and pulse in increments.
2. Scoop and roll into about 1 tablespoon sized balls until smooth*. Enjoyyy!!
*If you want to have some more fun, here are a couple optional ideas:
1. Roll in more shredded coconut, or grind up some extra freeze-dried raspberries to make a raspberry coat!
2. For a chocolate coating, add ¼ cup cocoa powder, ¼ cup melted coconut oil, and 1 tablespoon liquid sweetener to a small bowl and heating in a microwave for 30 seconds. Using a spoon, dip each ball in the chocolate and place on a parchment paper lined tray. Place in freezer for 30 mins for chocolate to set, then enjoy!