Parsnip, Celeriac, and Cauliflower Soup
New year, NEW SOUP! I discovered celeriac (celery root) while traveling in Amsterdam, and now I'm totally hooked. This dish is great for cozy afternoons/evenings in the winter and is delicious when dipped with toasted sourdough bread (gluten-free of course!) ;) Please let me know what you think!
• 2 cups parsnip, roughly chopped
• 2 cups cauliflower florets, roughly chopped
• 1 celeriac root, peeled and cubed
• 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 cups low-sodium veggie broth
• 1 cup water
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (sub w veggie broth for oil-free option)
• juice of ½ lemon
• 1 teaspoon ground coriander
• sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• fresh cilantro
• cashew cream (search my blog for the recipe!)
• nutritional yeast
1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, deep saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and coriander, then cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring until caramelized.
2. Next add parsnip, cauliflower, and celeriac, pouring veggie broth and water on top. Turn heat to medium high and cook until liquid begins to boil and vegetables soften. At this point, turn heat to medium low, cover with a lid, and cook for 10-15 more minutes.
3. Transfer to a high-speed blender, blending until smooth. I like my soups on the thicker side, but if you'd like to thin it out more, add additional veggie broth at this point. Return soup to the saucepan, and add salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Keep heated over medium low heat, or serve immediately with fresh cilantro!