Treated myself to this pancakes spread, and may have floated away on a cloud while consuming. I used cassava, almond, and tapioca flour, which turned out to be a winning combination! It can be hard making paleo recipes without eggs, but in this case my flax egg worked wonders. Makes about 5-6 dainty pancakes. This filled me up perfectly, but if you're looking for a larger meal I'd try doubling the recipe! Let me know whatcha think :)
• ¼ cup almond flour
• ¼ cup cassava flour
• 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
• ¼ teaspoon baking soda (1 teaspoon baking powder for non-paleo option)
• 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
• ¼-½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 flax egg (or regular egg)
• ⅔ cup almond milk, unsweetened
• ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• coconut butter/almond butter/cashew butter
• maple syrup
• all the things!!
1. In a medium bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix. In a smaller bowl, add wet ingredients, whisk, and let sit for a few minutes. The apple cider vinegar and almond milk will create 'buttermilk'. Once that is done, pour wet ingredients into dry and whisk until batter is formed.
2. Heat non-stick pan on medium heat and coat with coconut oil spray or 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil. Pour batter on pan in about ¼ cup portions. Let cook for a minute or so, then flip carefully with spatula. Because they're paleo (and don't use real eggs), these bebes will be on the thinner side. Cook on the other side for about the same time or shorter. You'll know a pancake is ready if you pat it down gently with the spatula and it doesn't ooze. Repeat until no batter remains!
3. Top with a variety of goodies (or none, if you dig plain pancakes...) and enjoy!