My 'Spirucelina' Green Smoothie
Hey guys! This is my FAVORITE green smoothie recipe - I have it so often, my boyfriend calls it the 'Spirucelina smoothie'. Given the name, you may have guessed one of it's ingredients - spirulina! I really do swear by this blue-green algae. It's done wonders for my skin (which used to be acne-prone), and it is chock-full of important vitamins, minerals, plant PROTEIN, really just all the things. Don't take my word for it though, google knows best right? But beyond spirulina, this smoothie is just YUMMY. I almost always whip up one after a workout, or when I need a snack on the go. I usually make this smoothie in parts, so that everything mixes fully, especially the protein powder. Try it and let me know what you think!
• ½ large banana, or 1 small (frozen is best)
• ½ cup frozen raspberries
• ¼ cup frozen cauliflower rice (just recently started adding this - helps the texture!)
• ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (more if you want it less thick)
• 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Sunwarrior's brand - swear by this!)
• 1 tablespoon almond butter
• ¼ cup cucumber, peeled and chopped
• 1 teaspoon organic spirulina powder
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon ground ginger
• 2 heaping cups of baby spinach (will sometimes do half & half with kale and spinach)
1. In blender or nutribullet, add banana, raspberries, cauliflower, then 1 cup spinach, cucumber, and almond milk. Blend on high.
2. Next add protein powder, spirulina, spices, almond butter, and the remaining cup of spinach. Blend, blend blend!
3. Top with any fruit, granola, or other fixins (if you so desire) and enjoy! :)