My mornings usually involve matcha and a green smoothie, but sometimes I like switching things up and adding both to a waffle mix instead! This batter is so yummy - and works great for waffles or pancakes! I love topping mine with coconut yogurt, fresh mint, and berries like so. Recipe makes 4 regular waffles, 8 mini! And before ya ask, this is the mini waffle iron I use. Surprisingly works like a charm.
• 1½ cups oat flour (or other gf flour mix)
• 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
• 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 2 teaspoons culinary grade matcha
• ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ⅓ cup unsweetened apple sauce
• ½ cup unsweetened nut milk (I've used almond and cashew with success!)
• 1-2 handfuls baby spinach (blended with almond milk)
• 1 flax egg (or normal egg for non-vegan option)
• ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat waffle iron.
2. Add all wet ingredients (except flax egg) to blender - and blend on medium until smooth.
3. Add dry ingredients to a mixing bowl, mix briefly, then pour wet ingredients in. Whisk well, adding in flax egg last.
4. Pour batter in waffle iron and cook according to waffle irons instructions. Repeat until no batter remains.
5. Top with coconut yogurt, maple syrup, berries, any and all the toppings you desire!