Matcha Rice Krispie Treats
These healthy rice krispie treats are perfect for the holiday festivities, or just perfect in general if you're a matcha lover like me. I have so much fun recreating treats like these with wholesome ingredients that cater to multiple dietary needs. These are soy, dairy, corn and gluten free. Vegan too! Hope you enjoy :)
• 3 cups puffed rice cereal (I've had success with this brown rice brand & this one)
• ½ cup brown rice syrup
• ¼ cup coconut butter
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 teaspoons culinary-grade matcha
• ½ teaspoon spirulina (optional, but adds more of a green color!)
• ½ tablespoon coconut oil
• ¼ cup pistachios, chopped
• freeze-dried raspberries, crushed into powder
• extra pistachios
• coconut flakes
1. Coat/spray a 8x8 pyrex baking dish with coconut oil and set aside (this will prevent the krispies from sticking).
2. In a small, non-stick skillet, heat coconut oil, coconut butter, brown rice syrup, vanilla extract, matcha, and spirulina on medium/low heat. Gently stir with a spatula until ingredients begin to bubble.
3. Add puffed rice cereal and pistachios to a large mixing bowl, tossing briefly. Once the liquid mixture is warmed, pour into the puffed rice and mix with spatula until all rice is coated.
4. Spread the coated cereal in the baking dish, pressing down with a spatula so that all sides are even.
5. Place in fridge to set for 25-30 minutes, then slice into desired size squares and serve! I added some freeze dried raspberries on top for festive decoration! These keep in the fridge for up to a week.