Kale & Avocado Bliss Bites
Hi everyone! I am happy to annouce that this recipe was one of the 5 winners chosen in the Tone It Up cook-off! These chocolate covered bon bons are nutritious, packed with healthy fats, and seriously melt-in-your-mouth with their green goodness. Plus, you can surprise everyone with avocado and kale! Promise, it tastes like the best green smoothie ever though. ;) Makes 10-12 servings.
• 1 scoop Perfect Fit vanilla protein powder
• ½ cup curly kale, chopped
• ½ avocado
• ⅓ cup creamy coconut butter
• 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
• ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
• 1 tablespoon maple syrup or sweetener of choice
1. Add all base ingredients to a food processor and pulse for a few minutes. Transfer mixture into a bowl and freeze for 30 minutes.
2. Scoop and roll into about 1 tablespoon balls. At this point you can eat as is, or make the chocolate coat by adding cocoa powder, coconut oil, and sweetener to a small bowl and heating in a microwave for 30 seconds.
3. Using a spoon, dip each ball in the chocolate and place on a parchment paper lined tray. Place in freezer for 30 more minutes for chocolate to set, then devour!