Grain Free Pear Crisp
• 6-7 pears, peeled, cored, and cubed (I've used bosc and bartlett with success!)
• 2 tablespoons almond meal
• 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
• ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
• 1 pinch sea salt
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1-2 tablespoons water
• 1 ¼ cup almond meal (can sub for other GF flour like oat flour if not paleo)
• ¼ cup coconut sugar
• ¼ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
• ¼ cup pecans, roughly chopped
• ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
• Nut butter (almond/cashew/walnut butter are all delicious)
• Coconut yogurt or coconut whipped cream
• Vegan ice cream!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8x8 pyrex dish with olive oil.
2. Heat a non-stick pan on medium high and add water + pears. Sauté for 4-5 minutes, until pears have cooked down slightly. At this point the pan should have some liquid from the pears- that's ok! Transfer pears to a medium bowl and add spices, lemon juice, salt, almond meal, and 1 tablespoon coconut sugar. Stir with wooden spoon until evenly coasted with spices. Add pear mixture to the bottom of the pyrex dish, and make the crumble!
3. In a large bowl, add almond meal, nuts, ¼ cup coconut sugar and olive oil. Stir until 'crumble' consistency has been reached. Pour an even layer on top of sautéed pears, pressing down gently with a spatula so that the entire dish is covered.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until top is golden brown. I let this cool for at least 15 mins before serving, so that it holds its shape! Serve warm with ice cream, nut butter, coconut yogurt, alll the things. Also DELICIOUS after being refrigerated and heated up. I hope you enjoy!