Chunky Monkey Cookies
Run, do not walk to make a batch of these cookies!! Seriously, I can’t get over how glorious they are. Soft, chocolatey, and perfectly caramelized. Pretty much the best banana bread-y cookies I’ve made. & wanna know a secret? They’re vegan, gluten free, AND PALEO friendly! Say whaaat. This recipe makes about 15-20 cookies, depending on how big you make 'em. Enjoy!
• 2 cups almond flour
• 2 tablespoons flax meal
• 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• ½ cup chocolate chips (I used Eating Evolved's almond sea salt bar)
• ¼ cup crushed walnuts
• ⅓ cup coconut sugar
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 3 small/medium, overripe bananas (the browner the better)
• 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
• 3 tablespoons almond milk, unsweetened
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix.
2. Add wet ingredients to blender, and blend on high until bananas are liquid.
3. Pour liquid into dry ingredients, and mix until dough is formed.
4. Scoop into 1-2 tablespoon balls and bake for 11-15 minutes. Take out of the oven once they reach a golden brown, and then cool for about 10 mins. These cookies will turn a darker brown as they cool because of the ripeness of the bananas - don't worry though, they're still SOOO good!