Just when you thought cauliflower couldn’t be used for anything else...THINK AGAIN 😜 these lil bites are perfect for a party appetizer, or personal snack if ya feel me. Makes about 20-24 tots, depending on how you size 'em. I highly recommend trying these with dips like my beet hummus, or ketchup. That being said, they're also SO good by themselves! Hope you enjoy.
• ¼ cup gluten-free flour mix (I used 2 tb almond flour, 2 tb cassava flour)
• 1 tablespoon arrowroot or tapioca starch
• ¼ cup nutritional yeast
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
• black pepper to taste
• few pinches sea salt
• 3 cups cauliflower rice, steamed (about 1 medium cauli)
• 1 flax egg (regular egg for non-vegan option)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Steam cauliflower rice by adding to a large microwave-safe bowl and covering almost completely with a plate. Microwave for 2-3 minutes. Cauliflower should be soft and not too runny. If it's too wet, I'd use a cheesecloth to strain any excess moisture.
4. Mix cauliflower and flax egg into dry ingredients mixture until you get a dough-like consistency.
5. Form into lil 1½ - 2 tablespoon sized tots, place on parchment paper, and bake for about 35 minutes. At the 20-25 min mark, flip tots over so that both sides can cook.
6. Take out of oven and let cool for 5 (or more) minutes before sprinkling with some extra salt, pepper, & nutritional yeast. Then get to dipping in your favorite sauce!