Hi friends!! I’m here to tell ya to stop drop n roll to your nearest grocery store to get the ingredients for this flatbread. It’s grain free, paleo, vegan, can be nut free….and just honestly the perfect vehicle for anything!
The recipe calls for tigernut and cassava flour, both are part of the root veggie family. Yup, tigernut ain’t actually a nut folks! Plus, it’s naturally a bit sweet and packed with PREbiotics + resistant starch to feed your good gut bugs. I make this bread a couple times a week and freeze so I’ll always have it ready to pair with smoothies, avocado, salad, etc. Recipe makes about 10 servings, depending on how you slice ‘em!
• 1 cup cassava flour
• ½ cup tigernut flour
• ¼ cup coconut flour
• ¼ cup ground flaxseed
• 1 cup non-dairy milk (i use hemp or almond)
• 2-3 cups water
• 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a large cast iron pan with about a tablespoon of coconut oil.
2. Add all flours + flaxseed to a large mixing bowl, and mix until evenly distributed. Add in milk, water, and vinegar. Whisk it real good!
3. When no clumps of flour remain, pour batter into a large cast iron skillet and transfer to oven.
4. After about 30 mins, take cast iron out of oven and carefully flip (if desired). Bake for an extra 10 minutes or so.
5. Let cool for 10 mins, slice, and enjoy! I love toasting a few slices in the morning and having it with a smoothie like above :) Let me know how you enjoy your cassava bread by using the hashtag #thevisualveggie or tagging me on instagram! <3