Carrot Cake Bliss Bites
Carrot cake has been one of my favorite sweets since I can remember - it always reminds me of springtime and easter celebrations with family. Therefore, it was a no brainer that I had to create a new bliss bites recipe when I saw a bunch of beautiful carrots in my fridge. Be warned though, like the kale & avocado bliss bites, these carrot balls are DANGEROUSLY GOOD! Also, I just want to thank each and every one of you for taking the time to try my recipes (and give me feedback)! It really means so much to me. Recipe makes 10-12 servings! <3
• 2 cups grated carrot (about 2 large carrots)
• 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder (or ¼ cup coconut flour)
• 2 tablespoons creamy almond butter (for a lighter color, use cashew butter!)
• ¼ cup walnuts
• ½ cup shredded coconut
• 2 tablespoons goji berries or raisins
• 3-4 pitted medjool dates, soaked in hot water then drained
• 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
• ¼- ½ ground ginger (I like more spice!)
Coconut coating (optional):
• ¼ cup coconut flour
• ¼ cup shredded coconut
1. Add all base ingredients to a food processor and pulse for a few minutes. Transfer mixture to a bowl and let sit in the fridge for about 15-30 minutes to set.
2. Scoop and roll into about 1 tablespoon balls. At this point you can eat as is, or make the coconut coating by combining coconut flour and shredded coconut in a small bowl.
3. Gently roll each ball in the coconut mixture until full covered. To make the bites more sticky, just spray with a little water before rolling in coating. Enjoy immediately, or store in the fridge to set further and nom away later!