Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
Ok, so probably one of my favorite snacks of all time. Forget the chicken, these wings are purely plant powered and honestly more addictive in my opinion. Plus, you can say you got your serving of veggies in for the day - right? ;) Seriously. Make these for a party/appetizer, and you're gonna be popular. Also, I am a Frank's hot sauce enthusiast (cayenne flavor), which you will see in this recipe. Would love to know any other hot sauce recco's if you have 'em though!
• 1 large head organic cauliflower, chopped into florets
• 1 cup brown rice flour (I use Bob's Red Mill)
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
• 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
• ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
• ⅓ cup water
• salt and black pepper (to taste)
Hot sauce dressing:
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• ⅔ cup Frank's hot sauce (bump it up to 1 cup if you're feelin' the heat)
(optional) fresh cilantro to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F, and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut cauliflower into florets, and wash in strainer.
3. In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients - flour, spices, salt and pepper.
4. Pour in almond milk and water into the dry bowl - stirring until mixture looks thick and beige/light orange in color.
5. Once cauliflower is washed and patted dry, toss the florets in with the batter mix, and make sure to get everything coated! I'd recommend getting your hands in there (THIS IS THE FUN PART).
6. Pour cauliflower onto baking sheet, and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cauliflower looks golden brown and the batter has hardened.
7. Take out cauliflower and let cool for about 2-5 minutes. While waiting, quickly wash the large mixing bowl, and reuse for the hot sauce.
8. Pour in hot sauce and lemon juice into the bowl, then add cauliflower, and toss.
9 (Optional). After tossing with hot sauce, add back into oven for 5-7 mins to get it crispy again. Most of the times I make this I'm too excited to add them back into the oven though....
10. Garnish with cilantro, and serve ASAP (They're best when hot!!!)!