Blackberry Coconut Butter Cups
True story: when I was little, I didn’t like chocolate. This was probably due to the fact that I had a Russian piano teacher who tried feeding me 90% dark chocolate when I was too young to appreciate it. Now fast forward to 2017, and my days are usually never complete without a lil bite! Recipe makes 8 coconut butter cups. Be warned: these will not last you long! ;)
• 1 cup blackberries
• ½ cup creamy coconut butter**
• 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
**If your coconut butter is solid, simply fill a bowl with boiling water and submerge the coconut butter jar in it for a couple minutes
• ½ cup dark chocolate chips/1 chocolate bar (I used this one)
• 2 teaspoons coconut oil, melted
1. In a food processor, add coconut butter, coconut sugar, and blackberries and pulse until you get that pretty lavender color!
2. In a small bowl, add chocolate bar (broken up to pieces) and coconut oil. Microwave for about 2 minutes, until chocolate melts with the coconut oil. Stir briefly to make sure all chunks are liquid.
3. In silicon cupcake molds, add about 3 teaspoons chocolate, making sure to coat the sides about halfway up with a spoon. Repeat for until you have 8 cups, and place in freezer to set, for about 2 minutes.
4. Next, take the molds out of the freezer and add about 1 tablespoon of the blackberry coconut butter in the middle of each cup, and spoon a thin layer of chocolate over it.
5. Repeat until no chocolate remains, and then place in freezer for 7-10 minutes. If any of the coconut butter remains, you can also freeze the extras and use for smoothies! Or add on top. :P
6. Enjoy immediately, or freeze to enjoy later!