• 1 medium beet, roasted and peeled
• 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 3 tablespoons creamy tahini (love this brand)
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 2 garlic cloves
• 2 teaspoons cumin
• 1 teaspoon coriander
• ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
• 2 pinches sea salt
• 3 tablespoons water (optional, to thin out)
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil drizzle
• sesame seeds
• extra paprika
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, wrap raw beet in aluminum foil, place on a baking sheet, and roast for 40-50 minutes, until tender. If your beet is already cooked, skip this step!
2. Add chickpeas and spices to a food processor (or high-speed blender) and pulse on high until creamy. Add in chopped, cooked beet and continue to blend for a few minutes. The color should be VERY vibrant at this point! Depending on how you like your hummus (creamy vs. chunky), you can add a little bit of water or more tahini to thin it out.
3. Top with olive oil, extra spices, and enjoy with your favorite chips, veggies, etc!