Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Have a pile of overripe, super brown bananas? DO NOT - and I repeat - DO NOT throw them away! They’re absolutely perfect for baking these cookies! Healthy, fluffy, and perfectly rich, bring these to a gathering or office party and you’ll be everyone’s best friend. Recipe makes about 20 cookies. Watch out because they’ll be gone in a second! <3
• 1 ¼ cup oats blended to flour
• ½ cup gluten-free flour (I used this blend, but use this for nut-free)
• ¼ cup flax seed
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• ½ cup chocolate chips + extra
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
• ¼ teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
• few pinches sea salt
• 3 overripe bananas (or two extra large)
• ⅓ cup coconut oil (solid)
• ⅓ cup maple syrup
• 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a high speed blender, add banana, coconut oil, maple syrup, spices, and flax seed. Blend until liquid.
3. Slowly add in flour, blending on low. Once batter is made and there are no flour clumps, transfer to a mixing bowl and add baking powder, apple cider vinegar, and chocolate chips.
4. Scoop batter into about 2 tablespoon sized balls, and press down gently on parchment paper with a fork. Add extra chocolate chips on top. Repeat until no batter remains.
5. Bake for 10-12 mins for the fluffiest cookies of your life. A little longer if ya don’t like the fluff. Remember to let these cool for 5-10 minutes before enjoying.