Banana Beet Waffles
I don't usually make waffles (big supporter of pancakes tbh), but I have the cutest mini waffle iron, so sometimes I can't resist making them for brekkie! Now, I know what you're thinking: veggies in waffles? Well, I'm here to tell you - YUP! You can tastefully sneak veggies into almost any food. This recipe makes about 4 large waffles, 8 smaller ones (if you have a mini iron like me). Hope you luv! <3
• 1 cup oat flour (or other gf flour mix)
• 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• ¼ teaspoon baking soda
• ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 large banana (overripe is best)
• ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
• ½ small roasted beet (blended with almond milk)
• 1 flax egg (or normal egg for non-vegan option)
• ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Preheat waffle iron.
2. Add all wet ingredients (except flax egg) to blender - and blend on medium until smooth.
3. Add dry ingredients to a mixing bowl, mix briefly, then pour wet ingredients in. Whisk well, adding in flax egg last.
4. Pour batter in waffle iron and cook according to waffle irons instructions.
5. Top with coconut yogurt, berries, any and all the toppings you desire!