Rainbow Zoodles with Almond Tahini Sauce
Trying to get more veggies in your diet? Invest in a spiralizer and make some veggie noodles! Lots of grocery stores sell them as well (you can find them for cheaper at Ralph's and Whole Foods 365 for my Southern California peeps). Zucchini noodles are great for a refreshing spring or summer meal and this recipe definitely packs alll the goodies in. Happy noodling!
• 2 medium/large zucchini, spiralized
• ½ purple cabbage, shredded
• 1 cup shredded carrot
• 1 red or yellow bell pepper, diced
• ⅓ cup whole almonds
• 2-3 tablespoons hemp seeds
• juice of 1 lime
• freshly chopped green onion, to taste
• fresh chopped cilantro, to taste
Almond Tahini dressing:
• 3 tablespoons almond butter
• 3 tablespoons tahini
• 3-4 tablespoons water
• ½ teaspoon tamari (or coconut aminos)
• juice of ½ lemon
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 2 cups chopped kale
• 3-4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
• sea salt & black pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl combine all of the zucchini noodle salad ingredients and toss.
2. Add the almond-tahini dressing ingredients to a Nutribullet and blend until completely smooth. If you don't have a Nutribullet, you could whisk in a small bowl as well.
3. Drizzle the dressing on top of the salad bowl and gently toss until all ingredients are evenly coated. Add extra toppings if you so desire, and enjoy!