Mini Eggplant Pizzas
Love eggplants? Love pizza? Boom. Adding fresh basil to this dish is a must!
• 1 medium eggplant (sliced into medium/thin rounds)
• 1 bunch of fresh basil
• 1 cup tomato sauce (add more if you like it saucy)
• 3 cups spinach
• 1 tablespoon sea salt
• 1/8 teaspoon oregano
• 2 cups sliced mushrooms (i used crimini)
• nutritional yeast flakes to taste
• salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400F and coat a baking sheet lightly with oil (i used olive oil spray).
2. Wash eggplant rounds, then sprinkle with sea salt and place on paper towels. wait 20 minutes.
3. After 20 minutes, gently rub excess salt off eggplants, and transfer to baking sheet. make sure that no eggplant round is on top of another.
4. Brush 1 T olive oil onto the eggplant rounds.
5. Roast eggplant in oven for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. While eggplant is cooking, place mushrooms in a skillet, add 1 T olive oil, 1/8 t oregano, and sauté on medium high. add spinach into skillet after mushrooms are just turning darker brown. cook for about two minutes or so longer.
7. Take out eggplant, put small amount of tomato sauce, spinach and mushroom on top of each eggplant round (this is up to personal preference), and place baking sheet back in oven for 3 more minutes.
8. Remove baking sheet from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
9. Top with thinly chopped basil, salt and pepper, and nutritional yeast.